Monday, August 27, 2012

6 years + and still going strong!

Reviews: Fiskars 9461 16-Foot Power Lever Tree Pruner

I have oak, cherry, and other hardwood tress in my yard. As they grew and took over, I considered having tree maintenance come and trim them for me, but the price and fast growers made me consider doing it myself.

I love my trimmer! I tried several other brands in the store, and came out with Fiskars. A solid reputation, ease of use, and even the orange color helped sell me. (Orange is a lot easier to find when you up in a 20ft tree!)

-- I'm short btw, 5'4", but can still manage this trimmer. It's about the weight of a shop broom.

Season after season, this trimmer never let me down. I always clean and oil it for the next spring. The only thing I need is a new saw blade, and to sharpen the pruner blades to keep me for another year. Just be careful who you lend it to.. you might not get it back!

Don't forget the protective eye-wear (I use smoke-colored: remember you're looking UP into the sky.. and branches are falling down, lol), a hat, and long sleeves!

No comments:

Post a Comment