Sunday, August 26, 2012

Very dependable

Reviews: Oster 5712 Fiskars 9301 Power-Lever 14-Foot Tree Pruner

I read quite a few reviews about this product and really scrutinized the negative reviews. I found the product to be the complete opposite of what those writing the negative reviews documented.

First, the pole is fiberglass, a 7' expandable pole to 14'. I didn't find it flimsy at all, actually, I found it to be quite firm as I was expecting more play from what I read. This isn't flimpsy, but this also isn't an aluminum pole. Actually, you want it to have some flexability as it made it easier to work the saw. I cut for two days straight and had no issues. I was at the maximum extension most of the time with no problems.

Durability was found to be fantastic. I dropped the saw several times, the blade was caught in falling branches and I never once had an issue. Actually, when cutting a huge branch, the branch didn't cut though fully and pinched the cutting blade. It had the blade bend so far that I thought it might snap, but surely retain a bend in it, but to my surprise, the blade returned to form with no indication of any issues.

Rope: Pulled just fine with minimal give. I would like to see some sort of guides to hold the rope when your not using it, like a fishing rod to keep the rope out of the way, but the rope was more than adequate. Even if the rope slipped off of the pulleys at the head of the unit, the cutter still engaged and the branch was cut.

I cut some serious branches. At 14' plus most of my height, the brances don't look as big as they are. I was very shocked as I dropped brances that were 5" easy. The cutting could not be any easier. The blade cut though the wood with little effort and I was more tired from holding my arms up than I was from trying to execute a proper stroke.

I strongly suggest this product. My yard looks great and I am happy with the purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment