Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Very pleased...quite surprised actually

Reviews: Oster 5712 Fiskars 9301 Power-Lever 14-Foot Tree Pruner

I bought this from Home Depot. At first I was skeptical and didn't really think it would work. I had myself all prepared to try it, put it back in the box, and take it back.

Much to my surprise, the product did exactly what it claimed. Pruning back branches with this gizmo is a cinch; it takes very little effort. The saw blade is also amazing. I was able to cut 4-inch diameter branches at the base with ease.

Some people have mentioned the black handle falls off easily. Yes, this true...but so what? You don't even need the handle. Just wrap the rope around your hand and pull. This is a lot easier because you don't have to keep wasting time adjusting the handle. Only caution is to wear gloves because that rope rubbing against your hands can lead to blisters.

One other caution: don't go crazy with this tool. I spent a good hour pruning a big cedar tree and I could barely move my neck the next day. Take lots of breaks and spread the work over time. Your neck will be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment