Friday, August 31, 2012

Saws easily

Reviews: Oster 5712 Fiskars 9301 Power-Lever 14-Foot Tree Pruner

Until got it right, I thought this Fiskars Power-Lever Tree Pruner was impossible for my weakling arms to handle. Now that I've figured it out, it's not bad at all. I've felled some pretty big branches.

The saw blade is best either on or off. Switching back and forth is not quick and easy. It's screwed on with a wing nut, which gets stuck on me and requires the use of pliers.

The saw blade is sharp and cuts quickly and easily. I find it best to make the cut when I'm off to the side and not nearly underneath -- for safety's sake and also ease of use.

The saw blade will get in the way when I'm trying to use the pruning feature. If I were going to use it strictly as a pruner, I'd remove the saw. Although its pruning blade cuts better than the Fiskars 9234 62-Inch Pruning Stik, I like the Pruning Stik better. The rope and pulley design of the Power-Lever Tree Pruner just doesn't do it for me. I find it hard to use, especially when the branches are very tight. The lever near the head gets stuck on the branches. There just isn't room to pull. I use this pruner when my Pruning Stik won't reach. The telescoping pole is easy to adjust and set.

Although it has some shortcomings, I do like this product. For a woman with weaker than average arms, I'm cutting big branches off my oak tree without much effort. That's saying a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment